Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Still Pleasantly Surprised..





I spent the weekend in Vermont, one of my favorite places to cozy down + relax. I always bring a design magazine or two along. This weekend I brought Country Living. I'm instantly in a comfy mindset up North so I wasn't at all disappointed with November's issue. Country Living is a magazine I long ago abandoned but I decided to give it another shot after Domino, Cottage Living and a number of other design favorites folded. Well I'm so glad I decided to subscribe. Their fairly new editor does not disappoint, this revived magazine features a modern approach to Country Style. The homes covered are also a bit more accessible then some of the other design publications I receive.









This richly layered cottage is home to Caroline Scheeler the head buyer for Jayson Home and Garden. {above images}




I love the splashes of yellow used throughout this house!

14 comments:

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Love those brown walls ... you could just sink into them ... or take a bite out of them!!!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Thanks for reminding me--I need to subscribe as well. I am having a really bad missing Domino spell this week too. These photos are helping.

Rebecca June | Sea Island Drive said...

I just love this post.

xoxo

Rebecca June

Ange said...

What beautiful images. I wish we could get that magazine here in Australia so I could read the accompanying stories. Thanks so much for sharing these.
Ange

Rachel said...

Love the white bedroom. Gave me ideas! Thanks, Jules.

Bobbi Jo said...

Loved this issue, too! I was wondering if anyone has found the name of the gray/brown color in Caroline's house?! I couldn't find it listed anywhere. Do you know?

kelleyp said...

love those photos. must try it out.

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Hi Sharon,

I'll see what I can find out about that great color!!

J

Chic Coles said...

Thanks for the post. Will have to go and get a copy. Great interiors.

Azure Croatia said...

Hi, the bed with the mohair throw is so gorgeous!

CityHomeGirl said...

I love this house! CH&D is having a contest for California interior designer of the year. Check it out!

MissBliss said...

uber glamorous headboard!

I love how the furniture blends into the wall color on the first pic... it's just lovely there.

MissBliss said...

oops I meant the 2nd pic ;)

Design Elixir said...

Last month, I shocked myself when I purchased an issue of County Living from the newsstand. And I'll admit, I was a little embarrassed when a friend saw the magazine sticking out of my purse. In order to justify my purchase, I made him flip through the magazine with me, he was also surprised. This was not the magazine we remembered. This was chic, stylish and modern. Kudos the the new editor for the update and Kudos to you for sharing this newly revamped magazine with your readers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails