Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project Sneak Peek


Isn't this finial gorgeous?
I love transforming furniture..It's a very important part of the creative process for me! I have a great set of craftspeople lined up who help turn my ideas into reality. Here is a snapshot of one of my latest project pieces for a client. It is a vintage Chippendale chair. We had it sprayed and sealed to match a turquoise necklace I happening to be wearing the day of our design meeting! I love the details of this chair, the finial, the color the, final seat fabric. I was very happy with the end result, as was my client! (which is the most important part of my job!) Be sure to check out my website in a few weeks. I am going to include a section that actually sells some of my vintage transformations and along with a small custom furniture line...eeek..I'm very excited about it..


BEFORE SHOT

Fabric on seat: Kathryn Ireland, Style: M6550
Here's another piece of the project. We had the panels for the client's credenza covered in one of my favorite wall coverings..

This wall covering is simply amazing isn't it? It comes in a number of colors and is part of the Osborne and Little vintage collection!


sorry about the blurry image..but you get the point..right?

20 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a great job! Love the chair and the credenza!

Jaime Rogers said...

Both are so fun, I love the chair color the most! Its amazing how, while monochromatic, the color actually makes the details pop even more. Thanks, looking forward to seeing more!

Best,
Jaime

tarheel said...

oh my gosh, that's fabulous- love the color on the chair and the fabric!!

Lindsay said...

Wow, these pieces are fantastic! I hope you share the finished project!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

wow both look great! I can't wait to see the rest of your pieces.

mb said...

Oh my goodness. What magic you performed on the chair. How perfectly fabulous it looks.

I have gone into my dining room a few times giving my formal chairs the eagle eye... they should be worried about now, their lives are about to change?? Well, maybe.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Peck Avenue said...

I gasped out loud at that credenza! So gorgeous!

Kelly Green said...

wonderful transformation! KG

Maria Johns said...

wow, i love the color of the chairs and the fabric looks fantastic on the credenza!! great job, cant wait to see more of your furniture!

Louise said...

Ooooh!!! Not sure which I love more - the actual chair or the colour you painted it! Fab. Look forward to watching your furniture business grow. I have the exact same dream... Good luck.
xLouise
www.tabletonic.blogspot.com

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

Wonderful!! I love the Osborne & Little paper. Where did you find the chair? It's great!!

LindsB said...

That chair is amazing, like uh-maze-ing, love it!! AND your own furniture line?!? WHAT, sooo exciting, CONGRATS!

Chic Coles said...

Can't wait to see the final product!

Molly said...

is there a name for the paint color? Or do you know the color combinations used to get it? I LOVE it!

M Street Denver said...

Way to take a risk with a bold color. It makes it fun and modern. The jewel of the room I'm sure. Cudos!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. I found the chair at a shop that sells vintage and consigned items...

The color was custom to match my oversized necklace. My painter just tweaked a few colors until it was perfect.

Yes, I design furniture and am going to offer some of it for sale through my website this Spring.

Cheers.

Sarah said...

Love the chair!!

My Notting Hill said...

Gorgeous chair makeover. The detailing is really amazing. Love the use of the wallpaper in the credenza too.

Nadine said...

You've inspired me! :)

Anonymous said...

dying over this chair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails