Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seriously, break out the china

{I have long loved this image and Kelly Wearstler's china patterns for Pickard (below) - am very into these colors right now!}

My husband and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary last night {not sure where the time goes}, we relaxed at home over dinner, wine and dessert with our three year old son. {Emerson our 7 month old daughter was sleeping - this is a rare occasion really}. After reading Amy Dragoo's quote via La Dolce Vita yesterday, I decided I had to break out our china! Here's Amy's motto: Life is too short, eat off the good china! I couldn't agree more Amy. It's the simple details, that make the difference! So tonight, I encourage you to "eat off the good china". It was really nice, I think I'll do it more often...


10 comments:

ashlina {the decorista} said...

so pretty! LOVE!

A Perfect Gray said...

I have that first image saved as well. love the china, the art, the whole setting.....Thanks!

LindsB said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!!

Unknown said...

That orange tablescape is one of my favorites! I love china in a more modern setting.

Lissa Pierce said...

That sounds like a great idea....Then my husband can stop saying "why do we even have this, we never use it"!

Notes From ABroad said...

I love it. The colors and the butterflies.
I have a set of Portmeirion that we bought in London, years and years ago ! And then there is my great grandmothers China ( she was from England) .. Everything tastes better when served in fine china, I think ..
my china pattern
http://www.portmeirion.co.uk/media-view.php?ic=BG40410&thumb=1

Hello Lover... said...

Happy Anniversary! This line is gorgeous - and this photo is amazing inspiration for tablesettings for the upcoming fall season - I've already got it saved for a possible Thanksgiving table!

La Boheme said...

Gorgeous. Love the touches of gold. BTW - congratulations on your anniversary! xoxo

a little bit of everything said...

Belated Happy 7th Anniversary,Julie! I was thinking of you as we celebrated ours that day.

As for using the good china, check out these links. All so true....

http://www.kalimunro.com/If_I_Had_My_Life_To_Live_Over.html
and
http://simplemom.net/use-the-good-stuff-2/

ABC Dragoo said...

I realize I am a little late to your tea party... but thank you *so* much for linking to ABCD Design!

My mother in law was the type who only brought out "the good china" on holidays and was beyond mortified when she learned that me and the Mr. eat even simple sandwiches off of the good stuff. A huge part of eating is visual ~ why wouldn't you want each meal to be beautiful? :)

Hope you're enjoying that china.
xoABCD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails