Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thoughts on home

One of the most important spaces for me to bring to life this year will be Shelter's design office! Since I've moved I have a temporary space set up but I definitely need lots of organization and creation space! My dream is to someday have a small space on a sweet main road in a town such as Hingham, Ma. but until then I'm thinking it'll be housed in an extra room or even better = a large shed or detached garage on the property were I live. Don't mind the pool table, this building would be ideal for an office. Kelly Rutherford's sweet little space featured in Domino years ago comes to mind too. Here are some other ideas I'll include..
A central meeting and work table would also be ideal, as would large wrap around desks that could seat at least 3! Myself, assistant and an intern!

5 comments:

Alexandra Rae said...

Love!! I have many of the same photos pulled for my office, which thankfully is now a reality! (I even bought all the sample shelves and baskets pictured from the Containers Store.) I have always believed in "dream boards." I not only do design boards for my clients, but dream boards for myself and even my kids. (They hate how corny it is that I have boards for their happiness.) But like everything, you have to think/visualize it before it can become a reality, right! I'm sure you'll have your office one day. And you'll be amazed how much it resembles this post! Cheers and best in 2013.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I love the feelings these photos evoke, I could definitely work in any of those spaces! BTW whatever happened to Domino?? I miss that mag.

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Thank you for the comments.

Anonymous said...

Would love to have you on The South Shore. Hope your dream becomes a reality in 2013.
Chris (Cohasset)

Maryanne White said...

Love the ideas as I too need to revamp my work space. If you get a free moment look at Color Me Happy, Marie's office complete with a coffee bar is wonderful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails