Thursday, June 12, 2014

Clark+Kensington and OPI (nail lacquer)

Good Afternoon! It has been an exciting kind of whirlwind week!! I've missed you all and my blogging time! 

I've just spent the last four days in NYC setting up for a fabulous new strategic alliance with Clark+Kensington (Ace's boutique brand paint) and OPI nail lacquer. Clark+Kensington has teamed up with OPI and will now be selling 18 of their top selling nail colors in mixed paint. Nail lacquer color choices are so personal and individual and so are paint color choices. I think it's a wonderful collaboration!

The following photographs are of a room I conceptualized and designed around a collateral image ACE presented me. The original image featured the "miami beet" (an OPI color) painted dresser, the green tray and the painting hanging above it. I then devised a concept and designed this bedroom to work back to that image. It also incorporates one of the three paint palettes and all of the colors included in the "artist" palette.

My goal was to create a peaceful space, with graphic elements, soothing colors and feminine details. I mixed new and vintage items throughout. This entire room was designed with a budget in mind, that is what makes it so great. Everything is attainable and paint works wonderfully at transforming a room/home. It is also a cost effective option! I'd be happy to list the sources if you wish. 

This was a great experience and the launch party was a huge success! When I receive the professional photographs I'll be sure to share those as well. I snapped these with my i-phone!

Wall color:  Don't touch my tutu - will be available in stores on 6/23
Dresser color: Miami Beet
Trim color: Designer White, 1066
*see below for sources

1. Bedside tables are from Ikea. I had a carpenter apply the wood detail and I selected updated ring pulls. A quick and cost effective update for sure!
2. The brass mirror is vintage
3. The bedside lamps are from Wayfair
4. The vanity is from Home Decorators
5. White lamp is from Robert Abbey
6. Greek Key Bedding is from Ballard Design
7. Flower Print is from The Pink Pagoda
8. Louis Ghost chair is from Kartell

5 comments:

mns said...

I would love to know where the bedside tables and the octagonal mirror are from! Love this room!!
'

Unknown said...

It is all so beautiful, Julie. Great job!

Julie Richard - Shelter said...

Thank you!!!
I've included the sources on the bottom of the page. The brass mirror is vintage.

Unknown said...

I just wonder if some who draw inspiration from this blog are still wondering about being designers themselves and thinking of going to the top schools. To help you out, here's a list of some of those schools.

Julia said...

One of the most fabulous rooms ever - love every details. Thanks so much for including your sources! How about the painting over the dress?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails