Monday, February 23, 2015

2015 Oscar Awards Red Carpet


Happy Monday! Did you have a chance to catch the Oscar's last night? I watched the first half but couldn't stay awake for the ending. Here are my thoughts on the red carpet fashion.  Nothing blew me away but there were of course a number of beautiful moments. Neutral gowns were a top choice. Some I loved, some not so much.

Here are my picks!


FAVORITES:

Lupita Nyong'o custom made pearl dress by Calvin Klein was a sophisticated stunner! Not many women could pull this look off. Lupita was radiant in this beauty, it was created using 6,000 pearls. Lupita is quickly becoming one of Hollywood's fashion icons. I adore her style.




Sienna Miller is gorgeous!! She would look smashing in a paper bag but I also loved the Oscar de la Renta dress she wore. Again, the intricate cut out details did not compete with her hair or jewelry.
Rosamund Pike's Givenchy dress was a wonderful choice for her. I am usually not a "red person" but her minimal hair and jewelry selections were the right ones. The fit and intricate details are so flattering.
I am not loving Jennifer Lopez's eye make up but she looks stunning in this ultra feminine beaded Ellie Saab creation. (Ellie Saab is one of my favorite designers.)
I've read some mixed opinions on Gwyneth's dress but I think she looks beautiful in this pale pink silk Ralph + Russo Couture dress. The lines only enhance her statuesque figure and her hair, makeup and earrings compliment the look beautifully.
P.S. the flower doesn't bother me at all, I love the dimension it adds to the look.

Meryl Streep is hands down one of my favorite actresses. She made the right choice with this very flattering Lanvin skirt suit.
Chiwetel Ejiofor's classic black tux was the perfect choice in my book. I am partial to a man in a black tux!

Jennifer Aniston has worn some of my favorite looks over the years. She did not disappoint this year in a sexy, beaded, nude Versace dress. The more I see this dress the more I like it!
Cate is a classic Classic Beauty and honestly doesn't seem to age! The Tiffany and Co. turquoise necklace was the perfect addition to this chic, understated dress.  Designer: Maison Margiela



LEAST FAVORITE: I know most design is subjective but here are my least favorite designs.

Lady Gaga's dress was not my favorite. I think maybe the exposed tattoos and red gloves put the look over the top. She did however sound amazing singing the Sound of Music Tribute!

Again, why? Blanca Blanco's dress was just not a good look! 

Chloe Moretz is adorable and only eighteen. I just thought this dress had too much material! 

1 comment:

One Tick to Be Sick said...

Agree with a lot of your picks. Also--J.Lo's eye makeup bothered me SO MUCH.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails