Monday, November 16, 2015

Giving thanks - table top






Thanksgiving kicks off one of my favorite times of year. I think we will all be taking the time to focus on the good in our lives next Thursday! I have so much to be thankful for. My five year old daughter has been begging me to decorate the house for the holidays. I promised her that tonight we could put the little white candles in the windows around our home. Sometimes it is the simple things in life that bring the most joy, for me coming home to illuminated windows on a chilly, dark night makes my children and I a little happier. ( I think Matty will appreciate it too) I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year but I will be helping my Mom with as much as I can. These holiday table ideas each looked fairly easy to pull together but are impactful. I LOVE LOVE the idea of the top left-hand image. How ingenious is this? Simply display fruit, cheese and charcuterie selections along a piece of pine. Most hardware/building supply stores can cut a board to the exact length you need. 
 The items I shared layered with flowers, a slew of candles and some natural mixed    greens would create the perfect table for your delicious Thanksgiving meal. 

1. Votive
2. I want to invest in a set of cabbage plates. I love the green too but I think food always looks best on white plates.
3. Serve sides or nuts in a few tortoise dishes. I love the depth tortoise brings to design.
4. I love sipping wine and water out of a large goblet.
5. I usually prefer cloth napkins but these were too fun not to post! Furbish always does a fabulous job sourcing their goodies. Purchase napkins here!
6. Pretty bamboo flatware is always a hit


1 comment:

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

That gold bamboo flatware has me drooling! Your picks are always so chic and these are no different! Hope you have a wonderful turkey day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails